Merry Christmas. Church was wonderful this evening. We joyously sang and prayed. It was a beautiful and happy evening. As I looked around, I saw some familiar faces, and some new ones. It was joyful. We sang Silent Night (one of my very favorite songs) and we sang O Holy Night. What a moving song that is. I had only heard the first verse, until tonight. Tonight we sang an additional verse. The words are so very perfect.
” Truly He taught us to love one another;
- His law is love and His gospel is peace.
- Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
- And in His name all oppression shall cease.
- Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
- Let all within us praise His holy name.
- Christ is the Lord! O praise His Name forever,
- His power and glory evermore proclaim.
- His power and glory evermore proclaim.”
- Now isn’t that verse glorious? Let all within us praise His holy name. That reminds me of a stained glass window I remember from my former parish. The words on that window were: “At every moment, do what love requires”. Tonight may your heart be filled with joy, the joy of Christmas. I am falling asleep with my computer on my lap. I may post again later~ I send you love, joy, and maybe even some raucous times. Merry Christmas!