I have been working on something for awhile now. I have started another website that is devoted to learning and learning difficulties. Right now i am gathering research related to various forms of dyslexia, and how to help students and adults affected by it. If you would like to take a peek, here is the link. If you know of any resources, aids, information, etc I would gladly welcome the information and input. Thanks so much. http://aceitnow.wordpress.com/dyslexia/
I have a strong interest in this area, as some of my students have their own share of struggles. You know I am devoted to them and never give up on them, even if they feel overwhelmed or want to give up. If you know anyone who has had success or information in these areas, send them my way, ok?
My brother had learning problems back in the 70’s and then there was not much known.. it is shame the knowledge was not about then..;)
It truly is a shame. There have apparently been many advances in this area. But, BUT way too many students are still getting lost in the shuffle.
Oh, KATE! I knew it was a new Website before I even opened the email. Girl! When are you going to have time?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉 Okay, I know a few. Here they are:
– Dr. Joe Sutton – Read anything he has written that you can get your hands on.
– http://www.amazon.com/My-Stroke-Insight-Scientists-Personal/dp/0452295548 (Book written by a brain scientist [what a true authority!] who documents having a stroke and recovering. Brilliant insights and touching testimony. Some weird-belief stuff, though.)
– http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2685996435180?r=1&cm_mmca2=pla&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book-_-Q000000633-_-2685996435180 (Amazing book. Just read it. Okay?)
– braininjuryselfrehabilitation.com/ (A nurse who was injured, tells of her troubles from a medically knowledgeable viewpoint.)
– wildersoul.wordpress.com/ (Offers free coloring pages for help in retraining the brain.)
– http://avko.com/ (This site is for sale, but still functions. Amazing search engine!)
– Bob Jones University offers 6-year bachelors program with tutors for LD students. Offers scholarships for those who’ve used their high school curriculum. Their motto: Every child is born with everything he needs to do what God wills that he do with his life. Dr. Sutton (#1 above) used to teach here.
– Nathhan.com (Magazine and huge Website for training special needs children at home, but filled with wonderful resources.
Hope these help!
Sending up prayers!!! 🙂
wow wow wow! thank you! thank you! thank you! I can hardly wait to dig into all of this fabulous information. I have a student that has just been diagnosed—-severe multi-form dyslexia. I have got to find ways to help her— i will be in touch soon….hugs and love dear twin
Read the Mother Warriors book. Read the Mother Warriors book. I cannot repeat it enough. Could be her cure. I do mean cure.
Just saw this—going to get my hands on it!!!!
do you mean the book by jenny mccarthy about her autistic son?
will be reading it this weekend.
Great! I do not agree with every word in it, but this woman has fought for the right to speak, and will fill you with new understanding of facts. Lotsa facts. Sad facts.