I have to say I am REALLY hungry for all things soup and veggie this week. You will enjoy this recipe—here is the link for the brilliant blogger who posted it! http://gicrockpot.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/mamas-quick-veggie-soup/
Mama’s quick veggie soup
February 14, 2013 by Jennifer
My mother (who isn’t a fan of cooking) made this soup for me last time I traveled home for a visit. She wanted to make sure I was healthy during the pregnancy and eating well. Thanks, mom.
(For a true vegetarian version, substitute beef stock for vegetable stock and leave out beef strips.)
Cooks 6 hours on LOW or 2 hours on HIGH.
What you’ll need:
1 family sized bag of frozen mixed veggies (or 1 lb. 12 oz. of cut up vegetables)
4 small Idaho potatoes, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4—4 oz. cans tomato sauce with oregano, basil and garlic
3 teaspoons Beef Bouillon melted in 3 cups water (or use 2 cans beef stock)
package of pre-cooked seasoned beef strips
How to cook it:
1. Place all ingredients in crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for TWO HOURS or LOW for SIX HOURS.
The cooking soup will fill your kitchen and your lungs with a mouth-watering aroma. Tastes as delicious as it smells. My mama would be proud.
- Snowed in (theglutenfreemum.wordpress.com)
- Soup for a busy day (believeanyway.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Cookie: Creamy Creamless Vegetable Soup(thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Crockpot Challenge #6- Butternut Squash and Green Apple Soup (Vegan) (goodforthesoulbydanit.com)