This double header is of a human variety. Two different blogger friends/blogger-ettes blessed me with awards!!! First I am telling you about the awards (two ladies, three awards). Then the rules.
My friend DanLrene at http://workthedream.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/the-illuminating-blogger-award-and-the-one-lovely-blog-award/ nominated me for the one lovely blog award. I procrastinated about that beyond a ridiculous point! Go visit this amazingly, incredibly inspirational lady! Thank you so much for the award.
THEN, my friend Dor over in Virginia nominated me for two awards at the same time! I just about banged my chin on the floor in surprise! If you haven’t been to Dor’s blog you are missing out. I will wait right here while you check it out! Be quicker than I was—it took me a ridiculous month to post this! http://countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com/2012/07/30/double-hitter-awards/. Hey, are you still here? ;-). You will love Dor-land!
OK. I hope you poked around and saw some of her posts!
Here are the awards from Dor!
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger and provide a link to his/her site: Check this one off!
Share seven things about yourself :
1. I like Peppermint Stick Ice Cream because a character in the book Beany Malone loved Peppermint Stick Ice Cream!
2. I began to be interested in being a writer when I was 7 or 8 because Betsy Ray (in the Maud Hart Lovelace’s Betsy-Tacy series) wanted to be a writer and became one.
3. I decided to BE Jo March (Little Women)—she became a writer and a teacher. Guess what, I actually am like Jo!
4. My favorite pair of shoes ever was my en pointe shoes (my toe shoes)
5. I learned to love public speaking and giving presentations and being in front of a group because of how my parents handled birthday parties. The candles on the cake would be lit. We would sing Happy birthday. Then each person at the party in turn would either sing a song, or recite a poem, or tell a joke. then we would sing happy birthday again and blow out the candles. In my home, we continued the tradition.
6. I had cousins before I had brothers. Cousins are forever friends. I do mean forever.
7. My husband is the only guy I ever dated that had his own umbrella. He brought it along on our first date. In retrospect, that was incredibly hot.
Nominate seven bloggers for the award(s) and notify them of the nomination(s),And – you can post an award badge or both badges to your own site (optional). Ok i broke this rule and did 12. and you can take all of the awards, some of the awards or none. Just know that I love your blogs—and if i didn’t list yours, but you want the award, by golly take it!!
- You will love the posts and photography at http://dailysweetpeas.com/. Terri shows you her world and inspirations in amazing ways. Amazing.
- Paula will guide you through worship, through quiet thought, and oh so many other inspirational things. Go there! http://pbus1.wordpress.com/
- Strength for your journey happens here: http://phylor.wordpress.com/. Her struggles, sorrows, and triumphs are all laid out. She is so real and so very deep.
- Sometimes the name says it all, doesn’t it? If you haven’t been to this blog, the name gives you a major hint! http://sweetdaysundertheoaks.com/
- Now—do go see my friend Gilly. She is at http://lucidgypsy.wordpress.com/. To say she is kind and supportive and oh so fascinatingly creative only begins to tell her story.
- Kathryn at http://kiwsparks.wordpress.com/ will get your heart a-skipping. she is upbeat, creative and wonderful.
- While you are journeying, stop at Matthew’s blog at http://matthewwynne.wordpress.com/, You won’t be sorry. you really won’t!
- Scripture and guidance your interest? Brother Mike at http://builtwithgrace.wordpress.com/ will fill that bill. He is just great!
- Now TerriTerri at http://intomystic.wordpress.com/ is a wonderful adventure. She hails from the upper Midwest (MN)—having been born and raised in MN that means SO much to me! Her blog is great!
- His blog tagline is I Know I Made You Smile, the link is http://carldagostino.wordpress.com/. Yep—go see Carl; he will make you smile!
- Indescribably inspirational is found here http://pocketperspectives.wordpress.com/. You have to go see it!
- http://hastenhome.com/blog/. home schooling, bible school, homemaking, just wonderful!