Renee aka Positive boomer on 3/12 gave me the Sunshine Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. She gave it to me at this link. Today I am passing on the Sunshine Award. http://positiveboomer.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/thank-you/. thanks so much, Renee; you are always so wonderfully kind and supportive. If you haven’t been to her blog (or even if you have, actually), dash on over there and see it. You will be so very glad you did.
The name of theSunshine Award made me think of the late 60s and early 70s when the song “We’ll Sing in the Sunshine” was a hit song by Gale Garnett (and later released by Helen Reddy). I loved the song at the time. Upon closer listening of the lyrics these days, some of the message was questionable. But I still sing the song at the top of my lungs. Then there was the song Sunshine by I think Donovan.I especially love the song “I Can See Clearly Now, the Rain Is Gone”; of course, my favorite Sunshine song is Sunshine on My Shoulders by the Magnificent John Denver. Sunshine….I love it.
Now: The Sunshine Award rules are: (1) Share 10 things about myself and (2) pass the awards to 10 bloggers. I am listing the 10 things first.
- I love mysteries (whether they are books, TV shows, or movies)
- I love the smell of blooming lilacs, and blooming lavender
- Sometimes a good tear-jerker movie is just what the doctor ordered.
- one of my favorite summer-time dinners is freshly picked tomatoes, and corn on the cob..
- Love the movie Rudy, and Hoosiers too.
- I cannot pass up a movie about an inspirational teacher.
- Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, and The Wizard ore 3 of my all-time favs
- I still cry at Hallmark commercials
- When I am with people I love and cherish, there aren’t enough hours in the day to get all the conversation in!
- One of my greatest joys is to be by the ocean.
Ten bloggers that I think deserve the Sunshine Award today include:
- http://notesfromafrica.wordpress.com/ I have wanted to see Africa ever since I read Born Free as a kid. I love her blog, her photography~boy is she talented!
- http://northernprints.wordpress.com/ My MN photographer delights me every time; it is like a trip back home to a land I love oh so dearly.
- http://thewritershelp.org/ (Jackie Paulson). Now, if you haven’t visited Jackie’s blogs you are truly missing out. And to say that she is supportive doesn’t even begin to cover it.
- http://thejoyofthewrittenword.com/ Book reviewer extraordinaire; you will love her blog if you love books.
- http://mlissabeth.wordpress.com/Mlissabeth and I just started following each other recently; you will love her blog as much as I do.
- http://5wise.wordpress.com/ Susan is an inspiration, a devout woman of faith, a continual source of affirmation. Gosh, you should check out her blog.
- http://eof737.wordpress.com/ She calls her blog Mirth and Motivation. I am awestruck by her posts….the words, the quotes, the photography, the inspiration…
- http://diggingher.wordpress.com/ and she calls her blog The Authentic Me….I just love that.
- http://justramblinpier.wordpress.com/ She is just such a wondrous blogger….her doggies and photos and words…well—what can I say—they brighten my day!
- http://kiwsparks.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/white-velvet-and-24-karat-gold/ Now normally I just put the main link. but I thought the title of her post on the 25th was absolutely wonderful. Do check her out.