Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual. The 3/16 challenge is to post photo(s) that are in some way unusual. The photo below is of a simple red parking meter. The concept behind it is not one bit simple ~ it is beautiful and brilliant. These parking meters are scattered throughout pedestrian friendly shopping and restaurant areas in Tempe, AZ. These meter are to help the homeless who are often reduced to panhandling. The idea is that if you wish to help them, you put change into these meters. An organization distributes the money to those in need. It seems to work and be a big help. Pedestrians and motorists alike notice the meters and kindly put their money into the meters. The program is called “Give Change for Change”.
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.