I told you in yesterday’s post how I got the nickname Sunshine in college. If you didn’t see it, the link is here.https://believeanyway.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/my-friend-created-sunshine-in-my-life/ I wrote then that I had a further surprise. Here it is. Knowing that story, imagine my true delight when Dor, my fellow blogger and all-around wonderful lady at Technicolor Day Dreams http://notesfromtheblogusfear.com/2012/02/17/sunshine-coming-my-way/ recently gave me the Sunshine Award. I was delighted. Sunshine Award The Sunshine Award is supposed to be given to “bloggers who are inspirational, and who have impacted your blogging or your life.” That makes me feel GREAT Dor! Thank you so very much. Life is so full of surprises.
The Sunshine Award has some rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog (let me know if you need help getting the little old badge on your blog!
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated (post something on their blog giving the award to them)
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite animal: Dog
Favorite number: Four
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee or Milk. [c’mon you knew I couldn’t pick just one!].
Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook—never have used Twitter. If you asked me blog or Facebook, I’d have said Blog.
My passion: prayer, family, friends, writing, sunsets/sunrises on the beach
Prefer getting or giving presents: Definitely giving. I have a hard time providing people with a gift list when asked to provide one.
Favorite pattern: Waves on the shore (of any body of water–top choice would be ocean).
Favorite day of the week: Thursday–just before the finish of the weekdays and just before the start of the weekends—creates a feeling of possibilities for both parts of the week.
Favorite flower: Rubrim Lily. such a gorgeous flower. My sentimental favorite—it was in a bouquet of flowers at our little infant daughter’s funeral. Warmed my heart and filled me with love.
PASSING IT ON:
Here are the bloggers I am passing the award on to—and please understand I in no way want to leave anyone out. this particular award requires me to limit it to 12:
- Katharine Traauger of Home’s Cool was one of the first people to follow my blog. She spreads Sunshine and Sonshine everywhere. http://katharinetrauger.wordpress.com/
- tbnranch Amy Elizabeth is terrific. She is one of those women that has boundless abilities and a terrific blog.http://tbnranch.com/
- sons of thunder http://sonsothunder.wordpress.com/ . He is a wonderful fellow-blogger; encouraging as all get-out.
- http://diggingher.wordpress.com/. She appropriately calls her lovely blog Authentic Me. That truly says it all. She is a light in the world.
- http://tonij.wordpress.com/ my pal at Barefoot Baroness (aka Lady Barefoot Baroness will warm your heart and will be like cinnamon toast and cocoa on a sleety day).
- hugmammapbus.wordpress.com (paulette)
- http://livingtheseasons.com/ Now–when I say she spreads Sunshine—well she is the epitome of sunshine. to us techno-newbies she is a handholder and reassurer. To her blog followers she is kind, inspiring and so fun to follow.
- http://lucidgypsy.wordpress.com/, you can definitely count on this fine, loving, optimistic blog and blogger. Let’s just say I know that is so 🙂
- Claudia at http://motherwifestudentworker.wordpress.com/ is a blogger I have recently started following; she is so interesting and inspiring.
- Cee at http://ceeslifephotographyblog.wordpress.com. Not only are her photographs phenomenal, but she is an innovator and encouraging woman to boot. She is the originator of the Share Your World Project. Check her blog out!
- Chris at http://chrisdonnermysterywriter.wordpress.com/-yeah–you should read her writing. I do, and I say–boy oh boy I wish I could do that! I love mysteries to begin with–and she is great.
- http://suedreamwalker.wordpress.com/. She is always insightful and unifying. Besides that she knows all kinds of other bloggers like that. Way to go, Sue!
Way to go to my list of 12. You keep us all optimistic and fill our lives with Sunshine.