This is a photo of a dust storm from this summer here in the Phoenix area. We don’t get the amazing blizzards down here in Phoenix. I surely grew up with them, though, in MN and IL. In my married life I lived in NH, MN (again), NJ (outside Philly), OH, and now AZ. As you can see, I saw my share of winter and blizzards. We had a blizzard in NJ one winter when we got I believe 3 feet of snow in less than 24 hours…. anyway, instead of a blizzard, I am posting a summer-time desert life equivalent! The power of nature is awesome. By the way, this photo was taken by a photographer for the East Valley Tribune. I had put that on the post but somehow didn’t save it. So I am updating the post. Didn’t want you to think my photography skills were this advanced. They aren’t…at least not yet 😉
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
- When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.