This week has been quite hectic to say the least. Normally by Saturday I would be completely drained emotionally. However, at the beginning of the week a fellow blogger awarded me (or rather my blog) with the Liebster Award. Needless to say, that started my week off with such a lovely frame of mind. What is the Liebster? It is a blog award that provides some recognition to blogs that aren’t yet famous (more specifically with less than 200 followers). The mission of this award is to give some recognition and spread the word about the recipient’s blog. Liebster, by the way, is German for dearest.
I received this award from Amy Elizabeth of tbn ranch. You really should read and subscribe to her blog. She is a writer, poet, rancher, cowboy, and all around amazing woman and blogger! Here is the link to her gorgeous, informative, fabulous blog. http://tbnranch.com/ Her photography is stunning, her writing uplifting, her insights…spot-on and her instruction for gardening, ranching, and all kinds of other things are informative and compelling. Thank you so much Amy Elizabeth!
My job is to in turn pass the award along to 5 bloggers. I have procrastinated ALL week about this. I have gotten so behind on reading the posts of my fellow bloggers!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award for the bloggers I mention here today. Accept your award and pass it along doing the following:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks [with less than 200 readers] and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their 5 favorite up-and-coming bloggers and keep it going!
Here are the five blogs I am passing the Liebster Award on to:
1. katharine trauger http://katharinetrauger.wordpress.com/ Katharine’s blog (Home’s Cool) is a fabulous mix. She has homeschooling and curriculum advice. She taught me how to can in one of her posts! She has wonderful stories about life in her town in Arkansas and how to follow God closely—ever so closely. She is a terrific writer and anyone would love her blog. Through the blogosphere we have become friends.
2. auntyuta http://auntyuta.wordpress.com/. Uta is in Australia…anyone who has ever been interested in Australia would love it—she REALLY makes you feel like you are there and part of her family. She has fascinating stories, too of her life during WWII. I am so happy she and i discovered each other’s blogs. I look forward to her posts and comments.
3. Louise at http://ichoosehappynow.com/. Really her blog title says it all. She is trying to light up her corner of the world with her blog—and I so enjoy reading it and hearing about her wonderful family and her insights.
4. And then there is Gwen… http://gwensworld.net/. What can I say about this writer that can adequately express her talent? She is insightful. Her words: well chosen. She is inspirational. She makes me want to be a better woman. Every time she posts about a topic i literally sit up straighter with a tear in my eye and say “YES!” and Bravo.
5. My 5th one is hard to choose because I really want to pick a bunch more.(There are some blogs I would have picked but they already have more than 200 followers…rules are rules, right?) Even still there were a bunch more I wanted to choose. Because she is in MN and that is where I grew up, and because she has an amazing eye for photography, I am going to pass the award to: Northern Narratives http://northernnarratives.wordpress.com/
I had in the midst of this put in ellen—but she declined. She humbly said she didn’t deserve it and didn’t want to hurt people’s feelings by not choosing them. Perhaps she is the wisest of the bunch. Nevertheless here is the link to her wonderful blog. http://ellenolinger.wordpress.com/ She has a lovely, artistic, blog that anyone would be delighted to follow. I just recently discovered her blog after she discovered mine.
I hope everyone else passes the liebster along. And I may create another award so we can pass it to whomever we choose whenever we choose ! If I create the award I can make the rule, right??
So there you have it. I need to figure out how to do a blogroll on my blog so I can post links to all the amazing blogs I do follow. Their talents take my breath away on a daily basis. God bless everyone today. And thanks again to Amy Elizabeth for giving me the award.