This time of year things get hectic for me. On top of the usual hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping and decorating, concerts at church, Christmas cards, baking, etc. I try so hard to focus on God. Where would I be without Him? Lost. That’s where. Besides Christmas preparation, I am trying to get all of my students ready for their finals. I was feeling very stressed this week. I went to God in prayer. I went, as they say, before the throne. The verse that came to me is this. “Consider the lilies of the field. They toil not….” In other words, I am to handle my responsibilities but keep it all in the PROPER perspective. Guess what? This is the perfect opportunity for me to share my sketch of a rubrim lily! I want to be a sweet, lovely lily this week…
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.