I have always enjoyed fall. When I was a kid it signified hope, new school year, new teachers, new friends, new knee socks. It signified apple picking, and all kinds of cooking with apples. I’ve been canning apples and applesauce. I took this lovely picture of apples. It reminded me of when I took my drawing class a couple of years ago. I became adept at drawing a few things from our still lifes: apples, pumpkins, clam shells, and onions. I haven’t scanned those charcoal drawings yet. But today I am sharing a photo of some of the apples I subsequently canned. They are Gala apples for those who keep track of that. sharing the photo because the apples look so pretty and colorful. I will post more later. I put this in as a full size photo. Would it be better (for those reading the post)if I posted it as a medium sized photo instead?
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
- When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.