Did you have a secret hiding place?.I didn’t have a secret hiding place. I did so wish that I could turn invisible and secretly wander other people’s houses and see how they looked. I wished I could turn invisible and magically see what it would be like to live with other families. That is not to say I was unhappy in my own home. Not by a long stretch! Rather, i wanted to see what it was like to be in other families. I wanted to know how they related to each other, what they talked about over snacks or meals…. Perhaps it was because I was such a reader. When I read books I would imagine myself actually being one of the characters. Thus, it was as though the story was actually happening to me. So in that sense I had a secret hiding place! But i was hiding in order to do research! Not like a spy, I just wanted to know what it “felt like” to be in other lives.
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.