They didn’t have ‘student of the month’ or ‘star child’ when I was in school. No, no, no, I did NOT got to school with Laura Ingalls Wilder ;-)! I have been blogging for under a year. As I have browsed the blogosphere I have noticed that some blogs have various blogging awards and the electronic equivalent of a gold star indicating the name of the award ‘pasted’ onto the blog. From what I have seen, a fellow blogger decides to nominate or grant someone for this award. I think it is a lovely thing to do. Kind of like actors nominating actors for an Emmy or an Oscar—but I suppose it mostly has meaning to the recipient of the blog award and the blog’s followers. As I said, a lovely thing to do.
Today a fellow-blogger and fellow-Kate awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. She is SO nice to do that! Thank you, Katharine/Kate! I deeply appreciate Katharine Trauger of Home’s Cool for this award. Here is the link to her wonderful blog Home’s Cool http://katharinetrauger.wordpress.com/ . I urge you to click on the link and follow her. Her writing, insights, stories, etc will enrich your day, lighten your load, inspire you, delight you, fascinate you and so much more. I am not overstating my case, here. I love, love, love her blog.
Many times I read her post and say “Oh YEAH [intentional and enthusiastic cheer]!!! ” right out loud :-). Thanks again, Katharine!
The rule for the award is that I post seven things about myself that you may not know that may interest you. Here are my 7 “Kate things” :
1. My favorite shoes of all time were my toe shoes–would love to be able to go through my days wearing toe shoes—it would make life graceful and elegant.
2. I sing along with the radio or CD at home and in the car.
3. I worked in the computer industry for years and loved the travel, presentations and inventory management I did.My time in management and training translated well to my current tutoring gig. Both involve helping folks discover/re-discover their possibilities.
4. I love to decorate with candles and things from nature (shells, rocks, sticks, etc).
5. I can play the guitar and the piano.
6. I love make quilts, knit, crochet, draw and write.
7. I am determined to get rid of clutter!
The next step for the award is for me to award The Versatile Blogger Award to five more bloggers who have enchanted me with their blogs.
1. For her sense of adventure, joire de vivre and devotion to all that is good: Kathryn @ Kathryn’s arches: http://arches.wordpress.com/
2. For her lovely photography—and blog–Josette http://privatemixture.wordpress.com/
3. Sheila—for her wonderful blog, kind support, and lovely advice: http://hastenhome.wordpress.com/
4. Madeline for her invaluable insights and her way of inspiring me : http://madalund.wordpress.com/
5. Gwen of Gwen’s world: http://gwensworld.net/ Not surprisingly, she too is a talented writer that will move you heart and soul. I promise! ❤
The third and final step is for me to notify my list of bloggers that I have awarded them The Versatile Blogger Award. I am signing off to do exactly that.
Katharine thank you again for the award. You amaze me with your every post. ❤