Who should you be remembering today?. My grandpa that fought in WWI, my uncle that fought in WWII, my dad’s best friend Don that was part of the Berlin Airlift, my dad and uncle in the Korean War, friends that fought in the Vietnam War and every war since, my cousin who is currently on her second tour in Iraq and faces danger every single day, a parishioner who was severely injured fighting in Iraq, a son of a resident of my town that was recently killed fighting in Iraq—[although the war in Iraq is “over”]—and my friend Vincent—survivor of one tour in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan….and all the others who have fought nobly for our country.
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.