If you started a music band, what would the name be?. I think I would call my band “U Have the Unmitigated Gall 2″. I know it is a strange name—but I have always loved the expression ‘you have the unmitigated gall to….” It is a great expression to insert into a fiery fight. My band would have to be a one-hit wonder or novelty band because I really don’t have any musical talent…..I used to play guitar and sing, but that was at church. I would imagine anyone from back at that time would say that my particular talent was not as an extraordinary musician or singer. I was at times in charge of the group. I was at the time a kind and rather concilliatory (rather than power-hungry) leader. I felt it was better, far better, to be kind and inclusive rather than hurt people’s feelings on the way to super stardom. At the time those seemed like the only 2 choices.
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.