Should you help homeless people? Why or why not?. Yes you should help them. You should help them by directing them or bringing them to the agencies and non-profits that can directly help them get back on their feet. You should teach them how to advocate for themselves and put them in touch with peole that can teach them lifeskills and give them the ongoing support that they need. People that I know who work for these services says you shouldn’t just give them money when they are asking for it. This actually undermines their journey to wholeness, according tto them. The ongoing emotional support and counseling that is available to them through social service agencies and non-profits is critical to their survival.
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.