What’s the strangest thing that’s ever happened to you on a bus?.Actually it was an airport van that took people to various hotels. It was shortly after I completed my MBA. I struck up a conversation with a man and his wife. We started talking about why I was in town (Boston), I said that I had come in for a job interview. He asked what I did, I told him my background and academic achievements. He asked for my resume, gave me his card, and told me he was hiring in his group. He told me to contact him and set up an interview! I did go for the interview, but then there was a hiring freeze and he couldn’t offer me the job. It was the first time I had ever done that kind of career networking and it was quite thrilling to be seen as that worthwhile. Perhaps that doesn’t qualify as strange—but a couple of years before that I was a TERRIBLE interviewer. I just didn’t know how to present myself well at that point.
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- Contemplating my mission for the next year of my life…
- The Path I Took
- Be steadfast
- Cast your cares
- Writing can heal and change
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin
- You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
- Good things take time
- Roller Coasters and Jesus
- What will you plant in your soul
- God Can Heal A Broken Heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- “If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t see the view.”
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.