CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected.~ask permission to use my content (including re-blogging)
Margaret Barry Settlement House
I am a perennial optimist
I Am Becoming the Me I Was Born To BeAs I journey through this part of my life I have discovered my next mountain. The key is to be the me I want to be in the world, as my gift back to God.
- We’re after the same rainbow’s end…
- Attitude is the mind’s paintbrush
- Is that all there is?
- Unchartered territory for me: new mindfulness
- My day is now: yup it’s my birthday
- stepping onto new path
- The 4th of July: Lessons My Dad the Marine Taught Me
- What are you dreaming of today?
- The greatest gifts we ever received
- Even a poor tailor is entitled to some happiness!
- My little girl/big girl books
- Do you feel like you are drowning?
Search by word. To search by tag, scroll to footer.
- 4th of July
- Affordable Care Act
- education and career
- Family Life and Issues
- food and recipes
- Health and exercise
- Heartwarming or humorous stories
- Misc blogger activities
- Positive Thinking
- Sketches, quilts, photography
- social media
- time management
- Writing and Literature
Smiling Jesus: by Frances Hook
Candle Lighter Award: To find other awards, click on awards button in header bar.
Tag Archives: nature
Have you ever had a sleepless night or a stressful week? I know, that’s a stupid question. I think this lovely poem by good old Robert Louis Stevenson provides an apt description of “getting away from the world” and “spending … Continue reading
I was thinking about the tall ships that sailed in honor of the country’s Bicentennial in 1976. I was thinking about that because one of my students is studying the Revolutionary War and the subsequent history. I as explaining to … Continue reading
Do you ever feel like a tiny boat made of leaves and twigs, and you are caught in a fast moving creek? God knows how to reach you and save you. Fear Not! ” God Has A Purpose for your … Continue reading
My friend Caddo has started something called Seven Word Sundays. This is like 5 Word Fridays and 6 Word Saturdays. I think I am kind of supposed to come up with (in this case) 7 words that describe “where I … Continue reading