Thank-you so much to my friend Renee at Positive boomer. She gave me my second star for blog of the year. I know, awards build readership, and for many that is the purpose. But for me, and Renee, and most of my fellow bloggers, they are a hug. A hug when I give them, and a hug when I receive them. So thanks, Renee. I am putting the rules below– and the link to Renee’s wondrous blog.
You see, with this award you can actually receive it 6 times, which is cool. I was thrilled to receive it in the first place. http://believeanyway.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/want-to-join-blog-of-the-year/
Today’s award is wondrous, too. Many of the other recipients have taken the time to view each other’s blogs regularly for the past few weeks and I have been too swamped to do that at all. It tickles me that Renee took time to post and recognize some of the bloggers she loves! thanks, Renee!
And here are the rules:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join the award’s Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience if you choose to
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
My recipients—NOTE I am not trying to add to your busy schedule. Know that you are loved and appreciated. Also, know that i would love to recognize more bloggers with this award. If you have been one of my followers and want me to recognize you—contact me, ok?
Here are the bloggers I am “starring” with blog of the year. First of all, they are not in any particular order. Second, there are more I can recognize—but i have recognized you recently and don’t want to overly burden you. Third: there are others who no longer accept awards—know that i secretly STAR you as well .
1. Renee at positive boomer http://positiveboomer.net/. she fuels my fire!
2. Debra from three well beings @ http://breathelighter.wordpress.com/. Debra is truly fabulous.
3. my “twin” katharine @ http://katharinetrauger.wordpress.com/. My first twin in the blogoshpere–deep faith, strong principles, a wonder!
4. my “sister by the campfire” Toni the barefoot baroness: http://barefootbaroness.org/. Sit by her campfire and love her voice.
5. Maria the amazing writer @ http://christianfantasyforwomen.com/. amazing doesn’t begin to describe her talents!
6. Gilly (amazing, too) http://lucidgypsy.wordpress.com/. wonderful.
7. my pal at http://livingtheseasons.com/ who is encouraging, wise—insightful, beautiful…
8. Deanna at http://deannagreensandgardenart.wordpress.com/ the name says exactly why her blog is such a respite for me
9. Terri of These are Days at http://intomystic.wordpress.com/. She loves to read, has so many lovely things to say—and is a woman of deep faith.
10. then there is my friend at http://8kidsandabusiness.wordpress.com/. To say she understands the need for balance and practices her faith in a beautiful way describes her to a T!
11. judith atwood at http://diabeticredemption.com/. Her post about kitchens, cutting boards, canned goods, and pantries from today 12/14/2012 is a great one to start with!
ok—i am going to stop there—–but KNOW THIS!
If we have communicated in the past and you do accept awards and I did not mention you: oh please leave me a comment here! You, too are magnificent….
If you don’t accept awards, know that I love your blog anyway—-
If you are looking for my “blog roll” for other recommendations—go to my candle lighter award buttons in my header. There are hundreds of blogs that amaze the world. No wonder I get behind—my computer is like a window to the world these days.